Last night Rich, Hailee and I went to the new I Hop on Signal Butte. It looked really nice and we were ready for a good meal. Well right off the bat you could tell our waitress was a little new and a bit shy which was fine, she was a nice girl. I ordered the sampler basket and subbed out the onion rings for french fries. Rich ordered an omelet and some pancakes, but he asked for some onions to be put in the omelet and for the pancakes to be chocolate chip pancakes and we both ordered waters. She asked if she could get anything for Hailee and we declined. So we waited for a bit and finally the food came out. She gave me my food and it looked alright except my fries were brown and old looking. Then she gave Rich his omelet and then his pancakes. Well instead of pancakes with chocolate chips in them, they were pancakes with chocolate chips "sprinkled" on top. Here is the following conversation between Rich and the waitress:
R: "Um I ordered chocolate chip pancakes"
W: "Yeah they forgot to cook them in there so I put some on top"
R: "K, but thats not what I wanted"
W: "Well I put some in the middle too.... is that ok?"
R: "No"
W: "Oh I'm sorry."
And she walked away. We couldn't help but laugh! We waited for her to come back a little later and Rich handed her the sprinkled pancakes and told her he wanted them redone the right way and that he wanted a watermelon lemonade as well. She said ok and took off. Came back and handed Rich his Jr. size lemonade. Not really sure what that was about so Rich just drank it. I guess she figured it was for Hailee. Oh and Rich discovered the she had forgotten to put onions in his omelet and also there were no tomatoes in it which it was suppose to come with anyway. Well he finally got his pancakes and then wanted another lemonade but strawberry this time. We figured that since she had seen Rich drinking the first one that she would come back with a big boy cup...but alas he got another Jr sized cup. We finished, paid and tipped her and left. Rich said it was a good thing his pancakes were delicious or he would have been really upset. Needless to say we had a good laugh on the way home. I only wish we could have gotten a picture of the sprinkled chocolate chip pancakes and the Jr. Lemonade for Rich.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
"I put some in the middle....."
Posted by Potters at 2:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hahahahaha that is so funny!!!!!!!!
I wonder if it was on Candid Camera?
Post a Comment