Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter Utah Trip 2010

Oh man this Utah trip was quite the experience! It all started off pretty great, Hailee and I met Rich at work, my wonderful friend Michelle drove us there, in the rain and in rush hour traffic no less! She is so great! Well we got to the airport and our flight was delayed about 40 min or so. I was a little worried about how Hailee would do on the plain but she did so good! She just talked and talked, and loved seeing all those people. So we got to Utah pretty late, Rich's parents were there to pick us up. And they were so great, they took us to the grocery store so we could get some food for Hailee and then they took us to Ben and Hilary's apartment where we were staying. Ben and his new wife weren't in there yet so we had it all to ourselves which was way nice.

Well the next day was Friday and it was busy with family stuff. We went over to the Potter home just in time to see Jason and Deanne and their crew arriving, it was so fun to see all of them. Rich and the other brothers left to go and help their Mom set up for the wedding and the rest of us just hung out for a while. Later on we went back to the apartment and I did Hilary's nails, she wanted gels and they turned out really pretty. After that we rushed back to the Potter home and were a little late for the dinner. Santa Clause came to visit that night. The kids were so excited!! Isn't he awesome? He even made all the adults sit on him lap Ü Silly Santa.


None of the little babies were quite sure about this guy in the red suite! 





All the older kids LOVED him though. 





He did a sing along, and told about the true meaning of Christmas. 


Well that was a late night, and once we got back to the apartment and got Hailee all ready for bed she was pretty tired, notice the red eyes?


The next day was Saturday, day of the wedding! We got up around 6:15 to get ready and woke Hailee up to take her over to Kevin and Elena's. Elena was staying home and she offered to watch Hailee which was so nice because I was stressing about who was going to watch her. So we dropped her off there and off we went to the Bountiful Temple. It had snowed the night before so it was slow going to the temple, we were able to carpool with Ray and Tracie, which was fun. So we got there in one piece and right on time. The ceremony was beautiful, their sealer did an awesome job he was funny and kept it short and sweet. Ben and Hilary looked beautiful. 

After we got out of the Temple we were told to stick around for a couple of quick photos and then we could leave. So we did and we all went outside, well lets just say it wasn't as quick as I had hoped, mind you it was freezing and snowing outside.



She had this gorgeous snow coat on, she looked like a Winter Princess.


I don't know why but poor Whitney ended up with no coat on! I kept trying to rub her arms to keep her warm, eventually we got a coat back on her Ü





Anyway after about an hour we were let go, and we went and picked up Hailee. Elena said she did good, but that she had to always be with her. Sounds like my baby haha. After that we went and gave Hailee a nap and then we headed to the the luncheon. After that we all just hung out for a while at the Potter house. Hailee loves having all her cousins to play with. 



She loved playing with that baby doll.



Around 5 we headed to the reception, they wanted us there early so they could get pictures done there. So off we went! 



This is the only good shot I got of Ben after the cake fight. 


This was the Daddy Daughter Dance. 


One of Rich's cousins Daughters Lourie absolutely LOVED Hailee.  And anytime we had a family function that she was at, she would run up to us, snatch Hailee and off she went! Hailee had so much fun! 


This is where our weekend got to be a little yucky. Saturday night is when Hailee woke up in the middle of the night throwing up. I thought she might have gotten a cold and that the drainage was making her gag and throw up, oh but I was wrong. She had the stomach flu. YUCK! Go figure she gets it right before I go to see my side of the family. Well Rich drove me up to the Poppleton home up in Logan on Sunday, he could only stay for a little while, his flight was out that night. I thought Hailee might be doing better because when we got there she was on the floor playing with the kids and everything, but I was wrong again. Sunday night she threw up all night long, she and I were both exhausted. I felt horrible for her, she was so lethargic and just didn't even want to lift her head up off my shoulder, so sad. And I felt awful because I knew I was probably going to get Shannon's family sick too! It was just no good. So that whole time we were there Hailee was no fun and the kids never really got to play with her. Which is a bummer because she is so FUN! Here are some shots I did get of the kids though.

































And this is their horse Megan, I wanted to go out and see her before I left, and I was so excited...come to find out that I am a little nervous around that horse! I didn't think I would be, but I was a little intimidated haha. I fed her some apples, but not before Shannon warned me to keep my hand flat or Megan would bit my hand off! Oh and I guess Megan was being a little more aggresive that day, so anyway I am hoping to get back up there when its warmer and ride her, hopefully I am over my timidness by then! 



Thankfully though on Tuesday Hailee was feeling a little better and there was no throwing up so our flight home was not horrible. It was good to be back home and to be able to take care of Hailee there, Rich was glad to have his family back, he was lost without us Ü

0 comments: