We just got done with one of the longest weekends ever! Here is how it all started......
Friday night I had a girls night so Rich was the one to put Hailee to bed. She went don't no problem and was feeling good. I got home late and we eventually were heading to bed ourselves at about midnight. We heard Hailee crying....but it sounded raspy. So we both went in right away. She was coughing a little and it was very "barky". Well I gave her some Tylenol and she went right back to sleep. I went to work the next morning and told Rich to call me if they needed something. Got home in the afternoon and she seemed to be ok minus the raspy voice she had. We went couch shopping later and Hailee had some fun running around the warehouse. Well later on we got home and I headed to the gym for a quick run before the gym closed. Around 8 I got home and put Hailee in the bath. I decided to try and break up her cough by getting her in the bath and turning on the shower to make the bathroom steamy. I realized later that this was not the best idea. Anyway, her breathing got reaallly labored. I watched as her chest would cave in as she tried to take a breath and every now and then she would whimper. So I called Rich into the bathroom and said that this was not ok and asked what we should do. He had no idea lol
So I got her out of the bath and was getting her into her jammies and I just knew her chest should NOT be doing that and that it wasn't just a normal cold. So we called the Bakers so Bry could come help Rich give Hailee a blessing. And I wanted Megan's opinion on what we should do haha. Right away both Megan and Bryan said Take. Her . In. So off we went to Cardons Children's Hospital.
We went into the ER and were checking in. I was holding Hailee and her breathing was bad. All the sudden the lady looked up that was checking us in and asked "Is that her?" meaning "Is that her breathing?" I said yup! And about 30 seconds later we were sitting in a room getting Hailee a breathing treatment. It helped for about 20 minutes but then she needed 2 more before we went upstairs and were admitted.
None of us got to bed until about 3 AM, Hailee finally crashed. Poor thing had to get an IV in her hand. The dumb nurse couldn't get it right, she had to do it 4 times! She still had to have someone else come in and do it for it. Hailee was SO sad and I was just about ready to swing at someone. So Hailee slept on through till about 8 that morning, even with these nurses coming in and checking her. They really didn't even do anything for her after we were admitted besides monitor her. Which was needed because they can relapse really quickly. So I knew that first night was crucial that we stay. BUT the second night......not so much. That next day we never saw a doctor. I asked all her nurses to get one in there so they could evaluate her.....but nothing. It wasn't until I called the charge nurse at 10:30 that night that we finally got to see a doctor by 11:15pm. She came in and checked Hailee, said she was doing good and that she would prefer that we stay the night but that she would discharge her if we would like. I pretty much ran for the door! By that point Hailee hadn't even had her IV in for over 6 hours. They had taken it out because it wasn't working right and her hand was SOOOO swollen (it was very sad). And she had wanted to walk around so I took off her monitor.....yes I was being defiant.
We got home around 12:30am and Hailee crashed by 1:00am. She is doing great now, still has a horrible cough but to us it sounds good and juicy, which is so much better than the barky one she used to have. I have to say that was the most scared I have ever been. I knew she was going to be ok, but seeing her little chest try to hard to take a breath was awful.
I will definitely try a different hospital if we need to ever go in again....Cardons was not my favorite. Their ER was great, but I didn't like their staff upstairs. So, here's to never having my little girl go through that again! I am however, thankful for the priesthood and my husband for being worthy to carry that ability to give our baby girl a blessing. And for modern day medicine that helped our little one. Blessings. Blessings.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
First ER visit
Posted by Potters at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment