Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas 2011

We have had quite the busy holiday season and for the most part it has been wonderful! About a week before Christmas we had Rich's parents and Eric move down here. They didn't have their keys to their house yet so they stayed with us for a little over a week. We also had his Brother Brandon and his wife and baby come and stay with us for a night as well. Then his parents got the keys to their place and they all went and stayed there. I am sure every one was glad to have their own space by then lol.

On Sunday the 18th we went to see the Temple lights. We went with Rich's parents, Eric, Brandon and his baby Emma. The lights were beautiful.








Hailee was not the BEST behaved child that night....but she did Enjoy the lights at least a little bit.


The week before Christmas we thought it would be fun if we got all the cousins together and have a Christmas movie night. Here are some shots from that get together. Hailee really loved it. They all watched The Polar Express. Hailee watched it for a while and then decided to go and color with Lainy. The movie didn't hold their attention all that well. I think Andrew was the only one that never moved haha. But they all seemed to have fun. 







My parents came into town a few days before Christmas which I was WAY excited for. That Friday my Dad, Megan and I all went to the swap meet that morning. It was way fun! It was nice to spend time with my Dad.

Saturday I had to work a little bit in the morning but then I had the rest of the day off. It was Christmas Eve and we planned to spend that with Rich's family and then Christmas Day with my family. So we went down to Queen Creek on Christmas Eve for Dinner and some family time and by this time Rich's other Brother Ben and his wife were there as well. Dinner went great and Hailee was loving being with her Grandma and Papa. As the night went on we decided to open some gifts from the family. I don't really know what happened but Hailee lost it....I had never seen her throw a fit like this. It was like a demon took over her body, it was crazy! 
I took her outside to try to calm her down but nothing seemed to work. She was throwing things, screaming like crazy....I don't know what happened. So we had to head out early because of the demon child. 

Christmas morning we opened our gifts as a little family before we headed to church. 

Hailee had to put her bear into the car seat we got her before she could open any presents. 




It took her a little while to figure out how to get the wrapping paper off.




But she caught on pretty quick.




She got a new baby doll from Santa.


And a mini PacknPlay




A little stroller so she can take her baby on walks.






New Clothes!







Here she is opening up her gift from her cousin Tyler who had her this year.








She LOVES the little lamb pillow pet and the blanket....
can you tell?




She snuggled right in and was reading the book that came with it. 



She loves all her baby doll gear!


After we went to church (and I didn't get a picture of Hailee in her Christmas dress! darn) We had a family dinner with my side of the family and then opened some gifts.


Julia's kids have clearly learned how to pose and show their gifts for the camera! And do you see Hailee eyeing Lainy's gift? Yeah she was wanting those princesses.


Apparently my daughter still cannot fit into 18 mo. pants....
she just walked right out of them.


Hailee got another dolly from Grammy and Poppy. This one she can take into the tub with her! She has a blast! 





Thanks Grammy and Poppy!





Another gift from her grandparents, Tasha from the Backyardigans. 
She is giving Tasha a little hello kiss.


Here is my Mom opening up her gift from Hailee. Its a block that says 
"Grammy's House"
A Place Where Cousins go
To Become Best Friends


Meg, opening up her gift from Shannon....she was being super excited for Carter...but I think she was just THAT excited lol


Thanks Nan!


Hailee got in on the purse action too. All girl.


Hailee was excited for Maylee's baby doll too!


 Miss Maylee was quite fascinated by her moving dolly.


Some how Maylee wound up in the little pack n play





And got a blankie put on top of her.




And then a little baby doll joined her. 
Which I am not so sure she was too thrilled about.


Later that night when everyone left, 
Hailee snuggled up with her dolly and Daddy.



It was a great Christmas, filled with family and fun. I love this time of year that the whole world celebrates the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know the true meaning of Christmas sometimes gets lost in all the hustle and bustle of Christmas but I do want to express my love for my Savior and how thankful I am to all he has done for me and for all of our many many blessings. 
Merry Christmas


Even Memphis was feeling the Christmas spirit this year and wanted to play Mary in the Nativity instead of one of the animals.....I think next year he will need to stick to what he knows best. ;-)

0 comments: