Sunday, January 6, 2013

So tired...

It is 3:30 am in our house right now and I am at a loss...I don't know how to make Izzie stay asleep at night. She is finally sleeping in her pack n play at least and not in the swing anymore. Tonight I decided not to give her a paci because I would have to replace it every 30 seconds because she would spit it out and get mad. Then we decided to let her cry it out....and laying next to her bed and listening to her scream will make anyone go insane. After she fell asleep and then woke up again crying a while later and was screaming again I finally decided to just rock her and she fell right to sleep...I laid her down and she started screaming again after just a few minutes. So I rocked her again after a little while and she fell asleep again...only to repeat the cycle. At this point I am crying so I leave the room and here I am now. She is actually quiet at the moment I don't know if she fell asleep on her own or if Rich realized I was no longer in there and is rocking her himself. I just had to at least do something to document this and maybe I can make sense of it and work out something for her because this is just not working. I don't know what to do. I want her to get her sleep and be a happy baby I just don't know how to do that. I love you Izzie please sleep.


1 comments:

Rachel said...

That is how Jocelyn was. Our doctor said to wait until she was 6 months for cry it out. However, every doctor and every baby is different. I found with Jocelyn it was the position she slept in. Honestly, she would really only stay asleep if she was on her tummy. So until she could roll we tried many things. Sleep positioners kind of helped because sleeping on her side was better than her back. Anyway, you may have tried this already but just wanted to throw that out there that the sleep position made the difference for us. Good luck!